Конкурсы/Конкурс научных фотографий 2015/en
Эта страничка является частью проекта Викимедиа:Многоязычность.
|Languages:||русский · English|
Just speaking about science is not enough, science must be illustrated. It's exactly why we are conducting a specialized scientific photography and illustration competition.
Competition timeframe: 1st of November–31st of December 2015
Structure and rules[править]
European Science Photo Competition consists of two stages: Russian-language part of the competition will be held from November 1st until December 31st of 2015, then local organizers from 40 countries will be sending local winners' photoes into the international finals, end results of which will be drawn by the end of January 2016.
- Anyone can take place in the competition;
- Russian part of the competition takes place from 1st of November thru 31st of December 2015;
- Only personally produced images (or done with co-authors, which must be indicated) are allowed for uploading. Uploading someone else's work is forbidden!
- All images must contain good and detailed description in Russian language. This is important, as the image becomes scientific thanks to its description!!! (Example)
- Images must be uploaded under a free CC-BY-SA license;
- Images are uploaded in line with one of five categories, which is chosen from a pull-down menu in the upload template by the author:
- International Competition page
- See files uploaded in the framework of the competition (Russian section)
See also full text of the rules
General Partner of the Competition: «Roscosmos State Corporation»:
- For best work from all nominations (in the opinion of the corporation) — «Angara-A5» type modular super-heavy rocket model (Chief developer and producer — «Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center»). First flight of «Аngara-А5.1Л» space-launch vehicle was successfully completed in 2014, next one being expected in 2016;
- Second place prizes — Chevrons of «Soyuz TMA-18M» and «Soyuz TMA-19M» expeditions to International Space Station ;
- Third place prizes — «Заметки вашего современника» (rus: "Notes of your contemporary") space exploration related book in 3 volumes by Yaroslav Golovanov.
Angara А5 heavy lift launch vehicle (model)
Winners in every of the five categories will get a monetary prize of 4000 rubles, as well as a possibility of winning in the International finals with separate prizes (to be announced later).
Russian competition winners in every of the five categories, whose photoes are to be published in «Кот Шрёдингера» magazine, are awarded with a 6 month subscription for this popular science publication.
First five winners are also awarded with «Популярная механика» magazine subscription.
«Наука и жизнь» Popular Science Magazine will award the authors of winning works in respective five categories with a 6 month full subscription, second and third places receiving electronic subscription for the same period. The editorial board reserves the right to award one year-long subscription for the best photo in its opinion.
15 best scientific photographs and non-photografic works (1st, 2nd and 3 places in 5 categories) will be produced by Copy General in the form of large photo-paintings for exhibition purposes, at the end of which they will be presented to the winners as souvenirs.
Other expected prizes will be announced later.
What we upload[править]
There are 5 categories: People in Science, Microscopy images, Non-photographic media, Image sets and General category.
- People in Science.
- Scientists in their natural habitat.
- Microscopy images.
- Optical, electron, and scanning probe microscopy images all fall under this category.
- Non-photographic media.
- Audio and video files, computer-generated imagery etc.
- Image sets.
- 2–10 images that are thematically linked and submitted as a set. Two examples are presented below: development of Oncorhynchus mykiss or scanning electron micrographs of Arabidopsis thaliana trichomes.
- General category.
- All else goes into this category from archaeology to zoology and from vulcanology to astronomy.
Organizers and the Jury Panel[править]
- Dmitriy Jukov — prizes, sponsors, general matters.
- The State Corporation for Space Activities "Roscosmos"
- ROSCOSMOS is a state corporation that was established in August of 2015 to execute complex reform of Russia’s rocket and space industry. ROSCOSMOS implements state policy in the sphere of space activities and provides the industry with legal and regulatory framework. It also places orders for design, production and deliveries of space hardware and space infrastructure objects. The corporation is responsible for the development of international cooperation in space and for the establishment of conditions for the use of space research results to advance World’s socio-economic development.
- Schrödinger's cat All-Russian Science Festival Popular Science Magazine (рус. «Кот Шрёдингера»)
- Infographer.ru Agency and Infographics Blog
- Science and Life Magazine (рус. «Наука и жизнь»)
- Poisk Scientific Community Weekly Newspaper (рус. «Поиск»)
- Popular Mehanics Science Magazine (рус. «Популярная механика»)
- Marketing Communication Magazine of Grebennikov Publishing House (рус. «Маркетинговые коммуникации»)
- Moscow University Lomonosov Moscow State University Information and Media Communication Center Multimedia Portal (рус. «Московский университет»)
- State Darwin Museum Portal
- Xpir.ru Scientists and Entrepreneurs Expert Platform etc.
- Schrödinger's cat All-Russian Science Festival Popular Science Magazine
- Popular Mehanics Popular Science Magazine
- Science and Life Magazine
- Copy General printing company
- Mann, Ivanov & Ferber Publishing House (рус. «Манн, Иванов и Фербер»)
Other competitions joining ESPC 2015[править]
- «Бесконечная наука» Open Scientific Photography Competition
- «Университетская фотография» University Scientific Competition in the framework of the 5th All-Russian Science Festival of Science in Krasnoyarsk Krai.
- Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Medical Biology (ГНЦ РФ-ИМБП РАН)
- Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Agronomy (RAS Institute of Agronomy)
- Russian Academy of Sciences Space Research Institute (RAS Space Research Institute)
Jury Panel members[править]
- Dmitriy Jukov (Username)
- Vladimir Medeyko (Username)
- Roman Uvarov, ДНК Наука magazine of «MISiS» National University of Science and Technology, Editor-in-chief
- Elena Lozovskaya, «Nauka i Zhizn» magazine editor-in-chief
- Svetlana Mironenko, «Nauka i Zhizn» magazine correspondent
- Julia Smirnova, «Nauka i Zhizn» magazine correspondent
- Maxim Abaev, «Nauka i Zhizn» magazine correspondent
- Oleg Voloshin, Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Medical Biology press secretary
- Dmitriy Vibe, Doctor of Sciences in Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Astronomy, Head of Stellar Evolution and Physics Department
- Olga Zakutnyaya, RAS Space Research Institute press-service, chief specialist
- Grigory Ttarasevich, Schrödinger's cat magazine editor-in-chief
- Svetlana Sokolova, Schrödinger's cat magazine editor