Contests/Wiki Loves Football
|Languages:||русский · башҡортса · English · эрзянь · Ирон · татарча/tatarça · тыва дыл|
|The Wiki Loves Football 2020 competition is dedicated to the European Championship and Copa América|
|Main page||South American champions (1916—1929)||South American champions (1935—1967)||Copa América champions (from 1975)||European champions (from 1960)||Infrastructure|
- All registered users are allowed to the competition (registration time does not matter).
- The topic of the article should be related to the UEFA European Championship or CONMEBOL Copa América (known until 1975 as the South American Football Championship). Lists of articles recommended for creation and expansion (“dictionaries”) are presented in the template at the top of this page. Four dictionaries contain tables with lists of champions of South America and Europe, both players and head coaches. These are priority articles; but, of course, you can create/expand articles about any participants of the European Championships and Copa América. The last dictionary is conditionally called “Infrastructure”; it proposes to create/expand articles on tournaments, talismans, stadiums, referees, etc.
- Articles must meet the following criteria:
- The article should be created or expanded in Russian or in any language of the peoples of Russia, from 12 June to 12 July 2020 (except for two-day breaks between stages when intermediate results will be summed up).
- The article must be created or substantially expanded by the participant of the competition; the extension size of an existing article must be at least 10,000 bytes.
- The size of the created articles must be at least 5,000 bytes.
- Subjects of articles are required to be notable, articles should be based on reliable sources.
- Articles must meet patrol requirements. Any questionable information should be confirmed by reliable sources.
- The jury will take into account both quality and quantity of articles created or expanded by the participant of the Competition. Quality means the volume and reasonable degree of illustration, completeness of articles, using the links to reliable sources, article's design.
- The jury may disqualify a participant for violating the principle of Fair Play, in particular for the massive creation of articles using bots; for not entering created/expanded articles into the table within a reasonable time frame (no more than 1 day after creation, as well as mass entering at the final stage of the competition); for the massive creation of pre-prepared articles at any stage, as well as for any actions that ruin fair competition or deceive other competition participants.
- The jury gives points for the volume. For new articles, additional points will be awarded for excessing of the thresholds of 14 kb, 20 kb and 30 kb. For expanded articles, points will be awarded according to the following scheme: 10 kb, 20 kb and 30 kb.
- In its structure, the competition will be close to a real football tournament. We propose to divide projects into four groups (according to a mixed linguistic and geographical principle). This separation was made on the basis of the activity of the Russian Wikipedia editions for the last year and some other indicators; we did it to save some degree of a competitive spirit. The following is a list of groups:
- The competition will consist of two stages: the group stage and the playoff stage. There will be a two-day break between the two stages. These breaks will be synchronized with pauses between the end of the group stages and the start of the playoffs at Euro 2020 and Copa América 2020 — on the same days when it was originally planned (see the Competition Schedule section).
- For the authors, this will be an individual all-around competition (it's the usual case for most article competitions), but the points of each participant of the corresponding group will also go to the overall score of this group. During breaks between stages, the jury will calculate group points — both in the Europe and America standings. Based on these results, the two groups with the highest total number of points will continue the battle for “gold”, and the other two groups will fight for “bronze” medal.
- Two standings will be in the competition — the Europe standings and the (South) America standings. Therefore, four groups will compete for two sets of virtual medals.
- ATTENTION! Once again: the authors will create/expand their articles individually. Only 12 participants will receive prizes — three prize-winners from each group. The winners will be determined based on the total number of created/expanded articles by the participant, regardless of the topic (Europe or South America). Intermediate results after group stage are needed only to determine for which virtual medals (European or American) which group (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) will continue the fight in the playoff stage. This is just an additional element of competitiveness between Wikipedia editions — in our case, between “groups”.
- The number of points will be doubled for an article about a player or a head coach who has won more than one European Championship / South American Championship / Copa América, or in addition to participating in a continental championship, they also became world champions or winners of the 1924 and/or 1928 Olympic Games (FIFA now recognizes these two tournaments as the “world championships for amateur national teams”).
- Clarification. For the Russian Wikipedia, the jury expanded the classification of articles about players and head coaches through qualifying tournaments. This was done to stimulate the creation of new articles in the Russian Wikipedia since most of the players and head coaches of the final stages in the Russian WP have already been created (but we ask participants to not forget about the possibility of expanding the articles — many of them are in very poor condition!) In the regional editions of Wikipedia, it is legal to create articles only about participants of the final stages of two tournaments.
- 12–24 June — the “group stage” — you can create and expand articles related to the European Championship.
- 25–26 June — the jury sums up the European standings. Please, do not add articles about Europe to the table, but you can add articles about America.
- 27 June – 12 July — the “playoff stage” — you can continue to create and expand articles related to the European Championship.
- 12 June – 1 July — the “group stage” — you can create and expand articles related to the South American Championship / Copa América.
- 2–3 July — the jury sums up the (South) American standings. Please, do not add articles about America to the table, but you can add articles about Europe.
- 4–12 July — the “playoff stage” — you can continue to create and expand articles related to the South American Championship / Copa América.
- Post-competitive period
Until 31 July, the organizers of the competition will contact 12 winners, find out the required sizes of T-shirts and addresses, and then they will deal with the delivery/distribution of prizes.
The new day starting at 00:00 UTC.
After creating an article, please include it yourself in your table below. Only the articles included in these tables, as well as participants, can participate in the competition. The created article should be included in the table within 24 hours, but no later than the deadline for the competition. On 25–26 June, only articles about America can be added in the table; On 2–3 July, only articles about Europe can be added in the table.
- Group 1 — Russian Wikipedia
- Group 2 — Bashkir Wikipedia
- ↑ Нет 5 кб.
- Group 3 — Altaic languages (except the North Caucasus and Bashkir WP)
- ↑ Требуется устранить до конца конкурса (или до вечера 1 июля) непереведённые куски, потенциально можно получить 4 балла; пока штраф и промежуточный 1 балл.
- ↑ Статья более 30 кб про чемпиона мира, так что претендует на 8 баллов; но по всему тексту встречаются недопереводы, есть проблемы с элементарными шаблонами флагов; штраф 2 балла.
- Group 4 — North Caucasus and Finno-Ugric languages
- Europe standings
«Групповой этап», официальные результаты
«Плей-офф», неофицальные промежуточные результаты (1 июля, 00:30)
До завершения конкурса Группа 2 (Башкирская ВП) и Группа 1 (Русская ВП) будут вести борьбу за «золото», а Группа 3 (Алтайские языки) и Группа 4 (Сев. Кавказ и Финно-Угорские языки) будут бороться за «бронзу» — см. таблицу «Плей-офф».
- America standings
«Групповой этап», официальные результаты
«Плей-офф», неофицальные промежуточные результаты (4 июля, 02:30)
До завершения конкурса Группа 4 (Сев. Кавказ и Финно-Угорские языки) и Группа 2 (Башкирская ВП) будут вести борьбу за «золото», а Группа 1 (Русская ВП) и Группа 3 (Алтайские языки) будут бороться за «бронзу» — см. таблицу «Плей-офф».
A participant applying for a prize must create or substantially (at least 10 kb) expand at least 10 articles within the framework of the competition.
Organizers will award winners with prizes. Winners in each of the four groups will receive:
- T-shirt of the European or South American national football team, which became the champion of its continent; Bashkir winners will receive unique T-shirts of Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm.
- Diplomas from Wikimedia RU.
- Winners will receive a football souvenirs.
- Soul Train (Oleg Abarnikov) — Member of the Wikimedia RU, the Lezgi Wikipedia administrator, Small Wiki Monitoring Team member, popularizer of South American football, founder of the unique Russian-language Wiki encyclopedia about Uruguayan football and the first VK.com group dedicated to football in Uruguay; editor, translator. A supporter of FC Lokomotiv Moscow, the Uruguay national football team (La Celeste) and South American football.
- З. ӘЙЛЕ (Bashkortostan) — Journalist, active editor of Wikimedia projects in Bashkir and Russian languages. Member of Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group; in fact, she is the head of the PR department of the Wikimedians of Bashkortostan UG.
Members of the global jury may participate in the creation of articles — out of the competition. Jury members who are native speakers of regional languages could participate in the creation of articles on an equal basis with the rest of the participants.
- For related concerns, please contact: uruguayrusgmail.com
- Обсуждение конкурса «Вики любит футбол 2020» на YouTube (рус.)
- Рассказ о конкурсе «Вики любит футбол» (07.06.2020) (рус.)