- Increasing the amount of information about Russian and world universities in the Russian and English editions of Wikipedia, a free content, multilingual online encyclopedia;
- Stimulating interest in higher educational institutions in Russia among citizens of the Russian Federation and all over the world.
- Start of accepting works for the Contest: 7 February 2022 (21:00:00 UTC, 0:00:00 MSK).
- Deadline for the works for the Contest: 7 March 2022 (20:59:59 UTC, 23:59:59 MSK).
- Summing up: by 1 April 2022.
- Prize payout: by 30 April 2022.
Articles about higher educational institutions of the world and Russia as well as articles about their significant structural subdivisions (faculties, departments, institutes, scientific centres, clinics, observatories, technology parks, museums, libraries, etc.) are accepted for the Contest. Also, articles about international rankings of universities and articles about buildings in which higher education institutions were or are located, corresponding to the theme of the Contest, are accepted for the Contest.
The contest takes place in two categories on Russian and English Wikipedia editions.
- Nomination #1 - The World of Universities (in Russian) - Articles in Russian about institutions of higher education in the world and Russia. Articles devoted to the higher educational institutions of Russia will be evaluated with a triple multiplier.
- Nomination #2 - Universities of Russia (in English) - Articles in English about higher education institutions in Russia.
- 1. Requirements for participants:
- 1.1. Wikipedia registered users (date of registration does not matter) regardless of citizenship are allowed to participate in the Contest.
- 1.2. It is necessary to specify a contact e-mail address in the settings, and in the "Personal data" tab activate the option "Allow to receive e-mail from other participants".
- 1.3. Each Contestant participates in the Contest from one account only.
- 1.4. In order to receive the prizes, contest winners will be required to provide Wikimedia RU with data for taxation and reporting.
- 1.5. Contestants who have written or supplemented at least five qualifying articles may qualify for prizes.
- 1.6. Members of the jury, the organizers of the Contest, as well as their relatives, may take part in writing and finalizing articles, but cannot claim prizes. When they take part in the Contest table after their name, they must indicate: "(out of competition)".
- 2. Requirements for articles. Articles which meet the following criteria will be admitted to the Contest:
- 2.1. Articles (depending on the nomination) must be written in Russian Wikipedia or in English Wikipedia.
- 2.2. New articles must be written in Russian or English (depending on the nomination) during the Contest acceptance period.
- 2.3. Articles must conform to all Wikipedia rules. In particular:
- 2.3.1. meet notability criteria;
- 2.3.2. not violate copyright. If participants violate copyrights, participants may be sanctioned up to disqualification;
- 2.3.3. state facts from neutral point of view;
- 2.3.4. rely on reliable sources;
- 2.3.5. do not contain original research.
- 2.4. Articles may not duplicate existing Wikipedia articles in a given language.
- 2.5. Each new article submitted must be started by a Contestant, and its length must be a minimum of 2000 bytes and a minimum of 150 words.
- 2.6. Completed articles are also eligible for the Contest. Completed articles, whose useful (encyclopedic) size of a coherent text has been increased by 'at least 120 words will be accepted for consideration.
- 2.7. Contest articles must be of acceptable quality and satisfy the requirements for articles in patrolling. Articles must not contain multiple spelling, punctuation, and stylistic errors. It is not allowed a large amount of "water" (verbal expressions that do not carry the semantic load). In case of mass creation of low-quality articles, the participant can be disqualified.
- 3. Additional requirements
- 3.1. By placing their works in the project their authors agree with the terms of their use and also agree to their irrevocable publication under the terms of the license Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 and GFDL.
- 4. Submitting articles to the Contest
- 4.1. After creating or revising an article it should be included into the corresponding table below (contestants do it themselves).
- 4.2. Articles created and/or revised and submitted to the Contest (entered into the table) during the Contest period shall be accepted for the credit of the Contest.
- 4.3. An article submitted for the Contest should be included in the table within 24 hours from the moment of its submission, but no later than the deadline for the Contest.
- 5. Summing up.
- 5.1. The Contest is judged by a jury appointed by Wikimedia RU and consisting of experienced and active Wikipedians who are experienced both in writing and in evaluating articles written by other authors.
- 5.2. When summarizing the results, the number and quality of the works created by the participant of the Contest are taken into account.
- 5.3. The participant with the highest number of points wins in the Contest. In case the points are equal, the total volume and quality of the articles shall be evaluated.
- 5.4. The principle of calculation of points:
- 5.4.1 For each article created/refined the participant receives 1 point. The jury may mark the volume and quality (writing style, design, illustrations, number of authoritative sources, etc.) of the article with one or two additional points.
- 5.4.2. With triple coefficient in the first nomination will be evaluated the articles devoted to the higher educational institutions of Russia.
- 5.5. Violation of the conditions of participation in the Contest (absence of registration, participation from several accounts, creation of articles in violation of copyright, articles of poor quality, other violations of the rules of the project) will lead to disqualification of the participant of the Contest.
- 5.6. The jury may disqualify a participant for violating the principle of "fair play", in particular for using bots, for not adding articles to the list within a reasonable time, for mass uploading of pre-prepared articles at any stage, as well as for any actions that prevent fair competition or mislead other participants or the jury.
- 5.7. The decision of the Jury is final and not subject to appeal.
- 5.8. Within a week after the announcement of the results of the Contest the winners will be informed via wikipost. In order to receive the prize the participant will have to within 7 days provide the data required for payment and reporting, and after receiving the prize confirm receipt.
- 5.9. In the event that the winner fails to provide the necessary data within the stipulated time, the Organizer has the right not to award the prize.
- 5.10. By the decision of the jury, with the approval of the Organizer, the prizes not awarded (in cases, for example, when the required number of winners is not reached, the participant did not communicate the necessary data or refused the prize, etc.) can be redistributed in favor of other participants of the Contest.
5.11. Individual income tax on the prize is paid by the Organizer as a tax agent. The Organizer shall submit the necessary information to the Russian tax authorities. The tax residents of Russia are not obliged to take any additional actions. Other persons, in case their jurisdiction requires the payment of additional taxes or the filing of reports, shall solve these issues on their own.
The total amount of the prize fund is 100 thousand rubles (including NDFL).
In each of the nominations five winners are determined, who will receive certificates of the online store Ozon for the amount net of personal income tax:
- I place - 20,000 rubles
- II place - 14,000 rubles
- III place - 9000 rubles
- IV place - 5,000 rubles
- V place - 2,000 rubles
Contest Organizing Committee