Конкурсы/Общественное достояние — 2019/Правила/en
|Languages:||русский · English · татарча / tatarça|
|About||Rules||Current Results||Useful Materials||End Results|
This is an article creation and improvement contest on the topic of «Public Domain». The purpose of the contest is uploading into Wikisource and Wikımedia Commons creative works that entered Public Domain in Russia since 1st of January 2019, as well as creating Wikipedia articles about such works and their authors which clearly meet notability criteria. The contest runs from 1th of January 2019 through 31st of March 2019.
The contest is organized by «Wikimedia RU» Non-Profit Partnership using Russian Federation Presidential Grant for developing of Civic Society, provided by the Presidential Grants Foundation.
Public Domain is a set of creative works, not covered by copyrights (anymore or ever).
Public Domain works can be freely used by anyone without paying copyright fees. This doesn't exclude mandatory respect of non-property rights, such as authorship right, right for attribution, personality rights.
Terms of passage into Public Domain differ somewhat from country to country. Public Domain work in Russia might still be copyrighted in the USA, and vice-versa. In majority of European countries works pass into Public Domain in 70 years of the author's death or 70 years after first publication.
I. Contest Objectives[править]
- Developing open accessibility to knowledge and cultural assets in Russia.
- Increasing number of openly accessible works.
- Providing access to works even if they are not accessible in original repository.
- Increasing Internet-users' interests towards open resources, in particular - projects of Wikimedia family.
- Developing open resources in the languages of Russia.
II. Contest Timeframes[править]
- Contest works are accepted beginning from 1th of January 2019 through 31st of March 2019 (Moscow time zone).
- Contest results are published before 15th of April 2019.
- Winners are awarded before 30th of April 2019.
The contest is open to Russian Federation residents only.
Contest is organized in three nominations. Contestants have the right to take part in any of them simultaneously. First three columns of the Contest Table are filled by Contestants themselves. Jury keeps the right to withhold from awarding some prize places in some of the nominations if quality of works supplied into the nomination or number of participants thereof are deemed insufficient (under 10).
Nomination 1. Wikisource. Works[править]
- Contest is open for works in Public Domain both in the country of their origin and in the Russian Federation per 1st of January 2019.
- Contest is open for works, uploaded into Russian Wikisource or those in other languages of Russia that do not have any official status outside of the Russian Federation. Participants are urged to closely follow the rules of respective language sections of Wikisource.
- Wikisource communities in the languages of Russia other than Russian willing to take part in the contest should identify a consultant to interact with the Contest Jury.
- Be mindful of the translator copyright when uploading translated works.
- Each uploaded work will give the Contestant from 1 to 3 points, depending on the volume, formatting quality (preserving original illustrations & complying with illustrator copyright) and uniqueness (scanning paper-source when the work is not available on the Internet).
- Works that only come into the Public Domain on 1st of January 2019 are given double points (from 2 to 6).
Nomination 2. Wikimedia Commons. Works[править]
- The Contest is open for works in Public Domain both in the country of their origin and in the Russian Federation per 1st of January 2018.
- The Contest is open for works that are uploaded into the Wikimedia Commons closely following policies thereof.
- Works included into the contest are:
- reproductions of paintings or other graphic media, including photos that entered Public Domain due to expiration of copyright,
- photography of sculptures made by contestants (no more than 3 shots from various angles).
- Photos of architectural or other objects covered by the Freedom of Panorama Law are NOT accepted for the contest.
- Each work might get from 1 to 3 points depending on the resolution, quality and uniqueness of the illustration.
- Works, that only come into the Public Domain on 1st of January 2019 are given double points (from 2 to 6).
- The Contest is open for articles about works in Public Domain both in the country of their origin and in the Russian Federation per 1st of January 2019, and authors thereof.
- The Contest is open for articles created in the Russian Wikipedia, as well as those in other languages of Russia that do not have any official status outside of the Russian Federation. Contestants must strictly abide by respective language Wikipedias' policies when creating articles.
- Communities of Wikipedias in the languages of Russia other than Russian willing to take part in the contest should identify a consultant to interact with the Contest Jury.
- Created article size must be minimum 2000 bytes and minimum 150 words.
- Contestants may be awarded from 1 to 3 points per each article based on the size and quality of formatting, illustration & wikification thereof.
- Articles about works that came into the Public Domain on the 1st of January 2018, as well as authors thereof, are given double points (from 2 to 6).
- Only contestants contributing 10 or more qualifying articles are considered for awarding prizes.
- Contest articles must respect copyrights, have acceptable quality and meet requirements for pending changes review. Articles should not have many spelling, punctuation and stylistic errors. Extensive use of non-encyclopedic writing style is not accepted. Participants generating large number of low quality articles will be warned by the Jury and might be disqualified if this will not lead to improvement of the created articles.
- See word list for help with possible topic selection.
- Newbies can use Article creation wizard.
Due to Contest characteristics, its Jury consists of three members named by «Wikimedia RU» from among experiences participants of Wiki-projects. The Jury is tasked with assessing of Contest materials for meeting Contest specifications.
- Dmitry Rozhkov — chairman,
VI. Prize Fund[править]
The Prize Fund is 201 000 Rubles. Awards go to Top 10 participants in each of the nominations by points. The Award is subject to personal income tax, which will be deducted and transferred to relevant tax authorities.
- First place award is 15 000 rubles
- Second place award is 12 000 rubles
- Third place award is 10 000 rubles
- Fourth place award is 8 000 rubles
- Fifth place award is 7 000 rubles
- Sixth place award is 5 000 rubles
- Seventh place award is 4 000 rubles
- Eighth place award is 3 000 rubles
- Ninth place award is 2 000 rubles
- Tenth place award is 1 000 rubles
In two participants tie by points, the leading one is identified by the number of uploaded images that entered Public Domain on the 1st of January 2019 or writing more articles about such works and their authors. If the tie persists, the leading one is identified by points for this category materials.
To claim the award, winners will have to supply bank card and contact details within a week of announcing contest results.