- All registered users are allowed to the competition (registration time does not matter).
- Every article of this edit-a-thon must be devoted to tourist objects, visitor attractions or any other aspects of culture and history of the Republic of Karelia, Volodga Oblast, Leningrad Oblast, Novgorod Oblast, Pskov Oblast and city of Saint Petersburg.
- The jury may disqualify a participant for violating the principle of Fair Play, in particular for the massive creation of articles using bots; for not entering created/expanded articles into the table within a reasonable time frame (no more than 78 hours after creation in the beginning of the contest and no more than 24 hours in the final days); for the massive creation of pre-prepared articles at any stage, as well as for any actions that ruin fair competition or deceive other competition participants.
- In addition to these general rules both projects has its own specific rules:
- All articles must meet the following criteria:
- Article should be created or improved in a period from November 1 to December 15, 2020.
- Article should be created and mostly written, or significantly improved by participant.
- Created article should contain at least 2500 bytes and at least 200 words of visible text.
- Existing article should be improved for at least 150 words if its size at the beginning was not more than 600 bytes.
- Topic of article should be notable, article should contain reliable sources.
- Articles should meet the requirements of patrolled articles. Any information that can be questioned should have citations from reliable sources.
- The jury will take into account both quality and quantity of articles created or expanded by the participant of the Competition. Quality means the volume and reasonable degree of illustration, completeness of articles, using the links to reliable sources and article's design.
- Only articles from the given list are fit for this competition. We recomend to read some useful instructions before start:
- Article should be created and mostly written, or significantly improved by participant in a period between November 1 and December 15, 2020. In this case significantly means that it can get at least 10 points.
- Articles should meet the minimal requirements of quality such as:
- Articles should have meaningful introduction and its infobox should be filled by data from Wikidata. Introduction gives 1 point to a participant.
- Every section of the article should contain at least two (and better three or four) objects if it's possible. Participants can get 1 additional point if the section also contain meaningful description.
- All objects should be correctly framed: coordinates are mandatory, contacts and working hours are optional. For any correctly added and framed object participants get 1 point.
- For making an article with a «guide» status participant gets 5 extra points.
- The jury will take into account both quality and quantity of articles created or expanded by the participant of the Competition. Quality means the completeness of articles, existing of generated map of objects, completeness of descriptions and availability of introductory parts. Quality illustration can give you 1 additional point.
«Wikimedia RU» will reward 3 winners of edit-a-thon in each of the 4 categories (3 prizes per category). Full prize fund is 128 thousands of russian roubles (near 1670$).
- 1st place :
«OZON» internet-shop certificate for 17 000 Russian roubles (near $222)
- 2nd place :
«OZON» internet-shop certificate for 9 000 Russian roubles (near $117)
- 3rd place :
«OZON» internet-shop certificate for 6 000 Russian roubles (near $78)